Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
On our last trip to Bulk Barn, I was checking out the baking section. I love buying chocolate chips there because there are so many different varieties. Milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark and bitter, white, mint, candy coated and then I found the most perfect kind – peanut butter chips!
I love peanut butter and chocolate, so when I saw them, I knew immediately that I had to make chocolate peanut butter chip cookies!
These cookies are delicious and chewy just like a brownie. They remind me of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup candy bar. I had a couple cookies when they were warm from the oven, but I have to admit that they are much better the next day when the peanut butter chips are hard again and less “melty.”
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate squares (2 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Melt chocolate squares in a glass measuring cup in a pot of boiling water. Set aside to cool completely.
- Mix butter/margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate squares and combine thoroughly.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and add peanut butter chips. Mix completely and drop by the tablespoon on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
Enjoy! And have a great long weekend everyone!